Simple Apple Tart Recipe
Angela Casley bakes an apple tart with crunchy, toasted walnuts
SIMPLE APPLE TART RECIPE
• 200g sweet pastry
• ½ cup apricot jam
• 3 Golden Delicious apples, cored, quartered and sliced thinly
• 1 Tbsp melted butter
• 1 Tbsp caster sugar
• ? cup toasted walnuts, chopped roughly
• Icecream to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Roll pastry on a lightly floured bench to fit a 22cm tart tin. Line with baking paper and beans or rice. Bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove pastry and turn the oven down to 165C.
3. Spread jam over base of warm pastry. Layer the apples in a circle, continuing until they are all used.
4. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle on the sugar. Return to oven for 25 minutes until the apples are completely soft.
5. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts and serve with vanilla icecream.Share this: