A Divine Spicy Eggplant & Mozzarella Salad
Serve this salad alongside slow-cooked lamb, barbecued chicken or on its own with crusty bread
Use lemon instead of lime if need be. This is one of those dishes that is even better a couple of days later.
SPICY EGGPLANT AND MOZZARELLA SALAD RECIPE
2 eggplants, chopped
¼ cup olive oil plus 1 Tbsp
2 onions, sliced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp each smoked paprika, ground cumin, coriander, garam masala
420g tin chopped tomatoes plus ½ cup water
1 lime, quartered
2 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 ball mozzarella
½ cup chopped coriander
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Place the chopped eggplants into a large baking dish. Drizzle with the ¼ cup oil and bake for 25 minutes, turning once until softened. Remove.
3. Heat the tablespoon of oil in a large pot. Add the onion and garlic, cooking for a few minutes to soften. Stir through the paprika, cumin, coriander and garam masala for 2 minutes. Pour in the tomatoes, squeeze and add the lime quarters, then add the sugar and vinegar, bringing to a simmer.
4. Stir through the eggplants and coriander, simmering for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve warm with torn mozzarella and chopped coriander on the top.Share this:
More Food & Drink
EASY WEEKDAY RECIPES
- Vegetable Bolognese
- These Buildable Chicken & Mayo Lettuce Cups Are Refreshingly Easy To Make
- Seared Kingfish With Fresh Greens
- This Crumbed Fish Toasted Sandwich With Pea Mash Is An Easy Lunch Idea
- Make The Most Of Your Pantry Staples With These Smart Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Recipes To Fuel Your Morning