Spring Asparagus, Mint and Goat Feta Tart Recipe
Eleanor Ozich brings us a spring vegetable tart that's wholesome in flavour, and simple in execution
Here's a simple tart to make with clean and vibrant flavours. Rather than faffing around with pastry, I've encased the fragrant filling within a wholemeal wrap instead. The result is a delicious brunch to enjoy, alongside a generous serving of salad and spicy relish.
SPRING ASPARAGUS, MINT AND GOAT FETA TART
Serves 4 - 6
1 large wholemeal tortilla wrap
1 bunch of asparagus, woody ends removed, and sliced at an angle
1 cup finely chopped rainbow chard, or other greens such as spinach or kale
3 spring onions, finely sliced
8 free-range eggs
A large handful of fresh mint, finely sliced
70g goat feta, crumbled
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
2. Grease a round baking dish with olive oil, and gently place the wrap inside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or butter in a large pan over medium heat. Cook the asparagus for about 3-4 minutes, or until seared all over.
4. Add the rainbow chard, spring onions and mint, and continue to cook for another minute or so. Allow the vegetables to cool, and then transfer to the baking dish.
5. Lightly whisk the eggs, and season with sea salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables, and then top with the goat feta.
6. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden and cooked through.Share this: