Stuffed Kumara Recipe with Chickpea and Kale
Try Angela Casley's tasty stuffed kumara
One of my favourite vegetables is kumara. You can bake, roast or mash them, or throw them into a frittata or soup. They add a glorious natural sweetness to any meal. Here, stuffed with chickpeas and with a drizzle of tahini dressing, they make a perfect accompaniment or are great on their own. They are delicious cold, too.
STUFFED KUMARA RECIPE WITH CHICKPEA AND KALE
2 large golden kumara
½ cup each kale and spinach, shredded
1 cup chickpeas
1 Tbsp lemon zest and juice
Dressing: ¼ cup tahini, 2 Tbsp honey,
2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 Tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Cut kumara in half lengthways and place on tray, cut side up. Rub with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20 minutes or until soft when pricked with a knife. Scoop out the inside of each half without cutting the skin.
3. Place kumara flesh, kale, spinach, chickpeas, lemon zest and juice in a bowl. Combine well. Refill the kumara with the mixture. Place back into the oven to heat for 15 minutes.
4. While the kumara heat, combine tahini, honey, juice and water in a small jar and shake well.
5. Serve kumara drizzled with the dressing.Share this: