MasterChef Star Coming to Taste of Auckland 2017
The first announcement of the annual Taste of Auckland food festival reveals many treats are in store
Long-time favourites and exciting newcomers are heading to Western Springs for November’s Taste of Auckland festival, which has just announced a host of iconic Aucklanders as well as talent from across the ditch.
Owner of top Melbourne restaurant The Press Club and MasterChef Australia judge George Calombaris is making his New Zealand food festival debut in the Electrolux Taste Theatre with live cooking demonstrations. Local inspiration comes from food writers Delaney Mes and Kelly Gibney and Cazador’s head chef Dariush Lolaiy. Ben Bayly and Michael Dearth will be serving up Baduzzi meatballs, while Euro’s Gareth Stewart will be creating exciting dishes from “land, sea and garden”.
Authentic Thai flavours will be served up by Saan’s head chef Lek Trirattanavatin, while Miss Moonshine’s Ryan Clarke will stoke his Argentinian open fire barbecue. A gourmet hangi will be hosted by master Rewi Spraggon, with Culprit’s Kyle Street, and Bayley and his chefs from The Grove using traditional methods to create something unique. Swap bites for beer at Brew Street, with likes of Liberty, Good George and Tuatara. And 100 stalls will be offering scrumptious products to take home. On the Friday of the festival, join Viva for a luxurious long lunch where you can enjoy amazing food and wine.
• Western Springs, November 16-19. Earlybird tickets on sale Thursday August 24, from $17. VIP tickets with access to the Qantas Hospitality Marquee, start at $95. Visit Tasteofauckland.co.nz
- Real Weddings: Saru Krishnasamy & Samir Allen At Glasshouse, Morningside
- Restaurant Review: The Garden Shed Offers A Sense Of Sanctuary In Mt Eden
- The Most Romantic Engagement Rings To Suit Any Style
- Naveya & Sloane Co-Founder Rachel Sloane's Beauty Routine
- How To Take The Humble Grilled Cheese Sandwich To The Next Level
- Still Cool: Ollies Ice Cream Parlour