Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
This teriyaki salmon recipe is always a favourite
I always make double the quantitiy of sauce and keep a jar in the fridge over summer. (It is scrummy spooned over a steak as well.) If entertaining, cook a whole side of salmon on the barbecue — it looks so impressive. If there is any left over you, it is delicious flaked into a salad the next day.
TERIYAKI SALMON RECIPE
• 1/3 cup chicken stock
• 1/3 cup soy sauce
• 1/3 cup mirin
• 3 slices ginger
• 4 x 150g pieces salmon fillet, pin bones removed
• 1 Tbsp oil
1. In a small pot place the stock, soy sauce, mirin and ginger. Bring to a simmer for 8 minutes allowing the sauce to combine well and reduce until slightly thickened. Remove the ginger slices before serving.
2. Preheat a BBQ to a medium heat.
3. Rub the top of the salmon with a little oil and place on the grill skin side up. Cook for 4 minutes each side depending on the thickness or until done to your liking.
4. Remove from the BBQ, spoon over the teriyaki sauce and serve.Share this: