Thai-Style Courgette Noodle & Tofu Soup Recipe
Tofu adds a great protein punch to this simple soup which can be made in minutes.
Making your own noodles from any vegetables is easy if you have a spiraliser. If not, cut them lengthways and then into strips. The tofu adds a great protein punch to this simple soup which can be made in minutes. A little cheating using a bought curry paste is quite acceptable mid-week.
COURGETTE NOODLE AND TOFU SOUP
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp grated ginger
50gm yellow curry paste
3 cups vegetable stock
1 cup coconut milk
200g tofu, cubed
Garnish with ¼ cup chopped peanuts or roughly chopped coriander leaves
- Use a spiraliser or cut the courgettes into strips for the noodles.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, cooking until softened. Add the garlic and ginger, cooking for a further 2 minutes. Stir through the curry paste and cook for for a further minute. Pour in the stock and coconut milk, bringing to a simmer.
- Pan-fry the tofu until lightly browned on all sides. Add to the simmering soup along with the courgette noodles, cooking for 3 or 4 minutes until they are just cooked through.
- Serve hot in bowls with a good sprinkling of coriander.
More Food & Drink
EASY WEEKDAY RECIPES
- Vegetable Bolognese
- These Buildable Chicken & Mayo Lettuce Cups Are Refreshingly Easy To Make
- Seared Kingfish With Fresh Greens
- This Crumbed Fish Toasted Sandwich With Pea Mash Is An Easy Lunch Idea
- Make The Most Of Your Pantry Staples With These Smart Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Recipes To Fuel Your Morning