The delicious Asian street food infusion
From street food to fusion feasts, new Asian and Asian-inspired openings dominate the Auckland food scene of late.
1. Chinoiserie (above) opens Tuesday, a new offering from the team behind Mt Albert's L'oeuf. Situated right next door to L'oeuf, Chinoiserie's focus is Taiwanese street food. Read more in Wednesday's Viva.
2. District 5 opened last week on Shortland St, selling Vietnamese street food alongside coffee, in the spot formerly occupied by Cargo Coffee (now in Fort St). From the owners of the popular Cafe Viet in Grey Lynn, you can expect banh mi, pho and rice paper rolls to go.
3. To get even closer to the street food experience head to the Botany and Glenfield night markets and hunt down newcomer Viet Sandwich. A cleverly branded take on the usual delicious market stalls.
4. Japanese-European fusion from ex-Masu chef Korapin Sripong, 'Biskit Cafe and Kitchen is a recent addition to Parnell Rd. Sripong has a Thai background and experience in Japanese and Western cuisine so the menu covers all bases, from breakfast burritos to Tom Yum-infused linguine.
- 12 Stylishly Practical Raincoats To Buy Right Now
- Will The Future Be Fun? With These 20 Ideas, It Could Be
- A Highly Satisfying Brussels Sprout & Cauliflower Salad With Miso Glaze
- Inside 'Harry's House', A Delicious Party Record From A Big Romantic
- Dare To DIY This Ball Season? Here's What You Need To Know
- Still Cool: Ollies Ice Cream Parlour