The new cupcake? Why doughnuts are trending
We've gone dough-eyed for doughnuts. From traditional glazed pastry halos to varieties dusted in sugar and injected with sweet filling, all are worthy contenders in the sweet treat realm. And it's no secret that they make for a popular Instagram subject either.
Check out All Day Donuts in Melbourne which has a cult following, with snaps of their wares receiving plenty of regram attention. There, five varieties of New York-style doughnut are pumped out daily, and owner Raph Rashid is peddling flavours such as lime brulee, rose creme and milkberry rubble.
On home turf, Bluebells Cakery is known for "doughnut dogs", while Ponsonby Rd's Late Night Diner makes feasting on deep-fried dough a meal in itself, with a new offering of doughnut of the week (pictured above) for wandering night owls in need of a sugar fix.
- Hot Take: Your Fashion & Beauty News Refresher For The Week Of 27/06/22
- Bodycare Bootcamp: 6 Ways To Combat Dry, Scaly Skin This Winter
- Style Liaisons: In Conversation With Steven Junil Park
- How To Make Salt-Crusted Snapper
- 15 Delicious Knits You Won't Want To Take Off
- Still Cool: Ollies Ice Cream Parlour