Toasted Muesli Roasted Peaches Recipe
Try this breakfast recipe for a tasty start to summer days
TOASTED MUESLI ROASTED PEACHES
1/2 cup rice bran oil
1/2 cup honey, plus extra to drizzle
1/4 cup apple juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup wheatgerm
1 cup flaked almonds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1 cup dried apricots, finely sliced
6 ripe peaches
1. To make the muesli; pour the oil, honey, apple juice and vanilla into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to combine.
2. Preheat the oven to 150C. Use a large oven tray or baking dish in which to spread out the oats, coconut, wheatgerm, almonds and sesame seeds.
3. Pour over the liquid and stir thoroughly. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, turning over every 10 minutes until the muesli is golden and toasted.
4. Turn the oven up to 170C. Halve the peaches, remove the stones then spoon muesli into the cavity. Drizzle over a little honey. Roast in a buttered oven dish for 15 minutes or until the peaches are soft, depending on their ripeness.
5. Serve the peaches warm with spoonfuls of yoghurt and fresh mint.Share this: