This Exquisite Tomato & Herb Galette Is A Game-Changer
Everything tastes better with a puff pastry crust
If you buy the pastry ready rolled it will ensure your galette’s even puffiness, but this is not essential. Get creative with different types and colours of tomatoes that are available to you. I’ve used Curious Croppers’ heirloom tomatoes, which add a rich variety of colour, flavour and size to the galette for an impressive-looking dish.
TOMATO AND HERB GALETTE RECIPE
400g flaky puff pastry
500g mixed tomatoes
1 tsp salt
1 cup chopped parsley
1 cup basil leaves
1 Tbsp thyme leaves
Pinch chilli flakes
½ cup grated parmesan
1 clove garlic, crushed
¼ cup chopped olives
½ cup olive oil
2 small eggs
½ cup herb paste
Basil and thyme leaves, to garnish
1. Preheat an oven to 180C.
2. Roll, then cut the pastry into a 25cm disc. Dampen 1cm around the edge with water. From the leftover pastry cut a strip 1cm wide and place around the outside, creating a border. Place a piece of baking paper and rice or baking beans into the middle and bake blind for 20 minutes. Remove the paper and place back in the oven for 10 minutes to dry the base.
3. Cut the tomatoes into various shapes, place into a colander and sprinkle with salt, allowing to sit for 30 minutes. This lets the excess juices drip through. Pat with a paper towel and set aside.
4. For the herb paste, into a kitchen processor place the parsley, basil, thyme, chilli, parmesan, garlic, olives and oil, blitzing until combined well.
5. For the filling, into a bowl place the ricotta, eggs and ½ cup herb paste, reserving the remainder for serving. Pour onto the pastry disc, place the tomatoes on top. Bake for 40 minutes or until set. Remove and garnish with fresh leaves. Enjoy warm with a side salad.
This recipe was originally published in volume seven of Viva Magazine.Share this:
More Food & Drink
EASY WEEKDAY RECIPES
- Vegetable Bolognese
- These Buildable Chicken & Mayo Lettuce Cups Are Refreshingly Easy To Make
- Seared Kingfish With Fresh Greens
- This Crumbed Fish Toasted Sandwich With Pea Mash Is An Easy Lunch Idea
- Make The Most Of Your Pantry Staples With These Smart Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Recipes To Fuel Your Morning