Turkey Recipe with Cranberry, Apple and Nut Stuffing
Make your Christmas dinner one worth remembering with this festive turkey
TURKEY RECIPE WITH CRANBERRY, APPLE AND NUT STUFFING
• 2 Tbsp oil
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 2 sticks celery, chopped
• 3 rashers of bacon, diced
• 5 slices bread, made into crumbs
• 2 tsp lemon zest
• 1 tsp chopped thyme
• 1 tsp chopped rosemary
• 1 cup roughly chopped mixed nuts
• ½ cup cranberries
• 1 grated apple
• ½ tsp salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1 egg
• ½ cup chopped parsley
• 1x 3.5 turkey, breast bone removed
• 1 cup of stock or water
1. Preheat oven to 170C. Line a large baking tray with paper.
2. Starting by cutting down the side of the turkey breast continue on to slowly remove the frame. (Leave the drums intact, but remove the thigh bone).
3. Heat the oil to a medium heat in a frying pan. Add the onion, garlic, celery and bacon. Cook for a few minutes until softened. Remove and cool. Place the bread, zest, thyme, rosemary, nuts, cranberries, apple, salt, pepper, egg, and parsley in a large bowl. Add the onion mix and combine.
4. Lay the turkey flat on the baking dish. Place the stuffing in the middle and reshape the bird, tying with string or using skewers.
5. Rub the outside of the turkey with oil and season. Place the stock into the baking dish, cover with tinfoil and roast for 2 hours.
6. Remove the cover and continue to cook for 30 minutes until golden brown.Share this: