Vegan Brownies With Cashews
Dark, decadent and nutty, these vegan-friendly brownies are the ultimate indulgence
Going vegan does not mean missing out on treats like the ever-popular chocolate brownie. With a generous dollop of coconut yoghurt on top it makes the perfect dessert and looks gorgeous with a sprinkle of raspberry powder, which is available in supermarkets.
VEGAN BROWNIE WITH CASHEWS RECIPE
Makes 20 pieces
200g dark dairy-free chocolate
170g self-rising flour
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
150g brown sugar
1/3 cup sunflower oil
1 1/4 cups coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup raw cashew nuts, chopped
To serve raspberry powder and coconut yoghurt
1. Preheat an oven to 170C. Line a 20 x 20cm tin with baking paper.
2. Break the chocolate into pieces and place into a bowl over simmering water until melted and smooth.
3. Into a large bowl place the flour, cocoa, cinnamon and brown sugar.
4. In another bowl combine the oil, coconut milk and vanilla. Pour in the chocolate and mix until smooth. Add to the dry ingredients stirring to combine. Add half the cashews. Pour into the tin, spread evenly and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
5. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove and cool.
6. Serve with a dust of raspberry powder and dollop of coconut yoghurt.Share this: