Culture Calendar: March 8
Julie Georgia Bernard’s documentary Handmade with Love in France celebrates the Parisian artisans who create intricate haute-couture outfits for the likes of Dior, Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent. Screening as part of the Alliance Francais French Film Festival, the film focuses on four French craftsmen who show the pain-staking process of what it takes to create the most intricate pieces of world-class clothing and accessories. After decades working for the most prestigious couturiers, their workshops close down. What will happen to the art of fashion once they are all gone?
• Screening at Berkeley Cinemas, Takapuna at 4.30pm.
- Our Favourite Hearty Breakfast Recipes
- Taylor Swift's Surprise New Album 'Folklore' Goes Back To Basics
- Former Vanity Fair Editor On Why Prince Harry In L.A Could Never Work
- Sweet Spice & Buckwheat Pancakes Recipe
- What To Expect From Rihanna's Fenty Skin & Kanye's Yeezy Beauty Launches
- Still Cool: Ollies Ice Cream Parlour