Culture Calendar: March 8
Julie Georgia Bernard’s documentary Handmade with Love in France celebrates the Parisian artisans who create intricate haute-couture outfits for the likes of Dior, Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent. Screening as part of the Alliance Francais French Film Festival, the film focuses on four French craftsmen who show the pain-staking process of what it takes to create the most intricate pieces of world-class clothing and accessories. After decades working for the most prestigious couturiers, their workshops close down. What will happen to the art of fashion once they are all gone?
• Screening at Berkeley Cinemas, Takapuna at 4.30pm.
- 10 Of The Most Wearable Menswear Trends From Paris Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2020
- Work It: 8 Beauty Products That Deserve Pride Of Place On Your Desk
- Wholesome Apricot Oat Slice
- 4 Classic Trends That Will Instantly Update Your Work Wardrobe
- Cauliflower, Courgette & Chickpea Bake
- Still Cool: Ollies Ice Cream Parlour