Friday Night Cocktail: Blended Banana Daiquiri
This tropical cocktail is the perfect way to escape winter
Don’t be intimidated by the fancy name of this drink — the recipe from Orleans’ chief mixologist, Dan King, doesn’t require any special equipment and the measurements can be easily multiplied to serve more people. For more tips about how to whip up cocktails like this, Orleans is hosting a series of events as part of Flight of the Cocktail, from June 10-14.
BLENDED BANANA DAIQUIRI
• 60ml white rum
• 30ml fresh lime juice
• 30ml simple syrup (1 part caster sugar and 1 part water, stirred to dissolve)
• 1 small-to medium-sized banana
1. Add all the ingredients to a blender.
2. Add a small scoop of ice (about a third to a half of a cup).
3. Blend until a slushy texture is achieved.
4. Pour directly into your chosen vessel.