Recipe: Deluxe Potato and Kumara Gratin
Angela Casley has whipped up a decadent deluxe potato and kumara gratin to indulge in this Easter
DELUXE POTATO AND KUMARA GRATIN
• 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
• 2 large kumara, peeled and sliced thinly
• 1 onion, sliced
• 4 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 tsp chopped thyme
• 200ml cream
• ½ cup grated parmesan
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Set oven to 170C. Lightly grease a 20 x 20cm ovenproof baking dish.
2. Place a layer of potatoes in the dish, then layers of kumara and onion. Season with a little salt, then repeat the layers until all ingredients are used.
3. Sprinkle with garlic and thyme. Season again with salt and pepper and pour cream over. Cover with tin foil and bake for 50 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle over the parmesan. Continue to cook for 30-40 minutes until the top is lightly browned and a small knife can be inserted easily in the middle.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes.Share this:
- Hit The Slopes In Style With These Snow Gear Updates
- Carrot Soup & Cheese Dumplings Recipe
- How Designers Are Adapting To The First Ever Digital Couture Fashion Week
- What To Expect From Jarvis Cocker's 'Beyond The Pale' Album
- Photo Essay: Tom Gould Captures New York's Black Lives Matter Protests
- Harissa Roast Vegetables & Chicken Recipe