Recipe: Feijoa Bakewell Tart
Try this tasty tart for a traditional English afternoon tea
FEIJOA BAKEWELL TART
• 170g flour
• 2 Tbsp sugar
• 75g butter, cubed
• 1 egg
• 125g butter
• ¾ cup sugar
• 125g ground almonds
• 2 Tbsp flour
• ½ tsp baking powder
• 1 egg
• ½ tsp almond essence
• 1 tsp lemon zest
• 2 cups feijoas, peeled and roughly chopped
• ¼ cup sliced almonds
1. Heat the oven to 170C.
2. Place the flour, sugar and butter in a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg and continue to mix until a dough forms. On a lightly floured bench roll dough to fit a 22cm tin. Line with baking paper and bake blind for 15 minutes until cooked.
3. For the filling, melt the butter in a pot. Remove from heat. Add sugar, almonds, flour, baking powder, egg, essence and zest, combining well.
4. Spread the feijoas evenly on the base of the pastry case. Gently spoon over the almond filling. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
5. Bake for 50 minutes until lightly browned and set. Remove and cool in the tin before serving.
6. Slice and serve with lightly whipped cream.Share this:
- Looks Of The Week 06/12/19
- Christmas Gift Guide: The Best Presents For The Design Lover In Your Life
- 11 Style Takeaways From The Fashion Awards 2019
- Christmas Gift Guide: The Best Presents For The Jet-Setting Traveller In Your Life
- Easy Dark Chocolate Nut Clusters
- Christmas Gift Guide: The Best Presents For The Home & Garden Enthusiast In Your Life