Recipe: Quince with Pistachios
Angela Casley's sweet quince dessert will leave you craving more
QUINCE WITH MAPLE SYRUP AND PISTACHIOS
• 4 quince
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cinnamon stick
• Peel of ½ lemon
• ¼ cup raw sugar
• ¼ cup maple syrup
• ½ cup mascarpone
• ¼ cup chopped pistachios
1. Preheat an oven to 170C.
2. Rub the quince clean, then peel with a sharp knife or potato peeler. Cut in half. Place sugar, cinnamon stick and lemon peel in a large pot and half fill with water. Bring to a simmer, add quince and cook for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserts easily.
3. Remove quince from syrup, and place in a baking dish. Add half a cup of cooking juice. Sprinkle over the sugar and pour over the maple syrup.
4. Roast the quince for 30 minutes, basting once during this time.
5. Serve with a dollop of mascarpone and sprinkle of nuts.Share this:
- A Highly Satisfying Brussels Sprout & Cauliflower Salad With Miso Glaze
- Inside 'Harry's House', A Delicious Party Record From A Big Romantic
- Dare To DIY This Ball Season? Here's What You Need To Know
- Embrace Your Inner Gourmand With 15 Cosy Dining Essentials
- Rocket Cream Makes This Halloumi & Broccolini Salad A Stand-Out
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle... Regenerate? Sustainable Beauty's New Rules