Where To Find The Most Glorious Gin Cocktails Around Auckland
Wet your whistle with our quick-fire round-up of the best gin cocktails around town
• Deadshot, Ponsonby For the cleanest gin cocktails in Auckland, says bartender and bar consultant Mikey Ball.
• Coco’s Cantina, K Rd The best gin and tonics, served with local tonic Quina Fina, according to Chris Reid of Reid + Reid.
• Little Jimmy, Epsom Try the Dancing Sands’ Sun-Kissed Gin with bubbles and strawberries, advises Ben Bonoma. “If you haven’t mixed gin and champagne yet, you haven’t lived.”
• The Cork Gin & Whiskey, Grey Lynn Turn the corner off the busy Ponsonby Rd strip to discover this late-night purveyor of, as the name suggests, fine gin and whiskey.
• Pineapple, Parnell Search for the gold pineapple on the door at this hidden gem of a cocktail bar and be rewarded with lush interiors and drinks made by skilled mixologists.
• Cassia, central city Contemporary Indian restaurant Cassia dedicates a whole page of its drinks menu to G&Ts, celebrating gin from New Zealand and across the globe, served with Fever Tree and East Imperial tonics.