White hot date: Diner en Blanc is back
Mark your diaries, hunt down your hampers and get set to don your finest whites. Diner en Blanc is back and set to be even bigger and brighter. The international al fresco dining phenomenon, which first hit Auckland last year, began in Paris in 1988, and has popped up in more than 40 cities.
The elegant event sees thousands of strangers convening on a surprise location, only revealed on the night, and setting up their own tables and dinnerware (all white of course, and as fabulous as possible in order to win the coveted best-dressed table prize) before unpacking their feasts for the world's largest, most sophisticated picnic.
Last year's event saw Wynyard Quarter transformed, and we're excited to find out where this year takes us.
Viva is delighted to sponsor the event once more, along with G.H. Mumm, who will be serving their Cordon Rouge NV and Cordon Rose NV as well as providing the G.H.
Mumm Lounge to relax in over the evening. For those who don't want to pack their own picnic - although it is encouraged - Mint Kitchen Catering will be selling tasty hampers complete with lamb backstraps, salmon nicoise and berry and brioche pudding.
• If you attended last year look out for your invitation to this year's event. If not, register your interest atauckland.dinerenblanc.info from February 4. Numbers are limited.
- Moana Maniapoto & The Enduring Legacy Of 'AEIOU'
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: US Supreme Court Judge & Liberal Icon Dies Aged 87
- The Venice Film Festival's Top Winner 'Nomadland' Is Thrilling & Bittersweet
- 10 Thought-Provoking Exhibitions To Visit This Weekend & Beyond
- Giorgio Armani’s Newest Fragrance Marks Its Commitment To Sustainability
- Still Cool: Ollies Ice Cream Parlour