The New Plant-Based Cocktail Bar Shaking Up Sydney's Dining Scene
US chef Matthew Kenney has just opened the doors to his first Australian project
A new cocktail bar and restaurant with a fully vegan menu, designed by innovative US chef Matthew Kenney, has opened in Sydney.
Alibi is the first plant-based restaurant to open in an Australian hotel and is housed on the ground floor of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World’s Ovolo Woolloomooloo.
“People should expect a beautiful, bright modern interior with lots of seating options, plus a globally inspired menu that matches that — it’s so colourful and vibrant,” says Kenney.
“We have dishes influenced by many cultures, but we respect those cultures, and we like to focus on small plates to encourage sharing — we think it’s more fun because people get to try a lot more and experiment.”
Choose from plates of kimchi dumplings with sesame and ginger foam, zucchini lasagne with pistachio pesto and desserts such as coconut cream pie and deconstructed tiramisu.
• Alibi Bar & Kitchen, Ovolo Woolloomooloo, 6 Cowper Wharf Road Roadway. Visit Alibibar.com.au
- How Martina Blanchard Transformed Her Queenstown Home
- Gucci's Towards The Sun Range Is The Summer Escape We Need Right Now
- Go Off-Grid In Luxury At PurePods Kaikoura Hut
- Four Prada Nerds Rank Their Favourite Shows Ever
- Dries Van Noten On Len Lye, Gardening & Reforming The Fashion System
- Step Into Mawhiti, A Rural Waterfront Retreat On Waiheke Island