Angela Wickstead's Luxury Bed Linen
Angela Wickstead has put her years of experience to good use
Angela Wickstead is zealous when it comes to quality. She has worked in fashion for 30 years, having run her own successful bespoke dressmaking business in Auckland and having worked alongside fashion designer daughter Emilia Wickstead, in London and Milan. But before she threw everything she had into fashion, she worked in interiors, starting as a clerk at an interior design company.
Having spent the last 18 years living in Italy — she will now split her time between there and New Zealand — today she launches an interiors company under her name. From luxury bed linen to table linen, textiles to interior styling and knitwear, Angela will also sell Ester & Erik handmade candles from Denmark, with more products to come. A highlight is bespoke Italian-made bed linen, with more than 200 colourways to choose from. Any feature of the sheets can be customised, including borders, piping and openwork decoration.
Angela says her bedding manufacturers in Italy, with whom she has worked with for three decades, also produce luxury products for the likes of Ralph Lauren and Frette. This is the side of the business she is most excited about, because of the broad colour palette and endless opportunity to customise. “Also, the product is absolutely amazing to sleep in.”
Clients can peruse Angela’s products online, and visit her Herne Bay studio by appointment to view and discuss made-to-order features. In November, she will launch the brand in London and then fly to Italy for Christmas, although there will always be someone based in New Zealand to liaise with clients.
• Angela Wickstead bed linen ranges from $500 to $800 depending on fabric and finish, with a six-week turnaround time out of Italy. Visit angelawickstead.com
- Where To Eat & Drink In Singapore, From Hawker Fare To Fine-Dining
- Where To Find The Top 50 Bars In The World
- An Unforgettable Stay At Fiji's Luxurious Paradise Cove Resort
- Annabel Langbein Travels To Provence, France
- Sydney's Paramount House Reopens As A Boutique Hotel
- The Best Places For A Rooftop Drink In Hong Kong