High Fashion, High Tea at Kuala Lumpur's St. Regis Hotel
If you're in the market for a getaway with all the trimmings make your way to Kuala Lumpur's St. Regis Hotel
Pretty cakes, pretty jewels and pretty surroundings make luxury escapes a sight for sore eyes, so if you’re in the market for a getaway with all the trimmings (personal butler included) make your way to the St. Regis Hotel in Kuala Lumpur.
Synonymous with a certain refined elegance, the New York original in Manhattan opened in 1904, and has since spawned several hotel and resort locations around the world that continue to operate with its old-moneyed heritage intact (the KL destination opened last year).
Its popular high-tea service is a favourite tradition, and it’s here that Louis Vuitton’s delicate fine Blossom jewellery made a stop recently, complete with only the finest Legle pastel-coloured porcelain. A selection of artisanal cakes, scones and sandwiches are on offer, with a tea sommelier to provide suggestions on locally sourced and international tea flavours.
Don’t miss the specially commissioned horse sculpture by notable Columbian artist Fernando Botero, situated in the hotel’s vast Drawing Room restaurant, a nod to the hotel’s other favourite posh pastime of polo. La-di-da.
Pictured above from left: Louis Vuitton Idylle Blossom LV yellow gold and diamond bracelet, $2960, Idylle Blossom pink gold twist bracelet, $4550, Color Blossom Sautoir pink gold, mother of pearl and diamond necklace, $37,500, Idylle Blossom LV yellow gold and diamond necklace, $3400.
• St. Regis Kuala Lumpur, No. 6 Jalan Stesen Sentral 2, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Ph 0800 586 966. Visit Stregiskualalumpur.comShare this:
- How Martina Blanchard Transformed Her Queenstown Home
- Gucci's Towards The Sun Range Is The Summer Escape We Need Right Now
- Go Off-Grid In Luxury At PurePods Kaikoura Hut
- Four Prada Nerds Rank Their Favourite Shows Ever
- Dries Van Noten On Len Lye, Gardening & Reforming The Fashion System
- Step Into Mawhiti, A Rural Waterfront Retreat On Waiheke Island