The Most Elegant Stay in Flashy Miami
This tasteful hotel offers sweet relief from the 24/7 sex and salsa of the Magic City
If you’re heading to Miami and wanting to avoid the competitive sport of showing as much skin as possible, or perhaps the squawks of front-of-house restaurant staff urging you to come in with the needy desperation of a hungry seagull, you’ll find sweet relief at the Como Metropolitan Hotel on a quiet part of Collins Ave.
Listed as number six on Conde Nast Traveler’s top 25 hotels in Miami last year, Como Miami is a tastefully restored art deco building designed in 1939 by celebrated architect Albert Anis.
Flanked by towering palm trees and set back from the party nucleus of South Beach, the elegant hotel offers a quiet respite for travellers seeking an escape from the fabulous (but sometimes overwhelming) sex and salsa the Magic City has on tap 24/7.
Even the interiors, designed by celebrated Italian interior designer and architect Paola Navone, are a harmonious display of restraint. There are seafoam walls, black marble, soft lighting and a peaceful terrace (the perfect spot for some Cuban coffee or the hotel’s popular gin-tasting sessions).
As part of a collective of hotel and resorts around the globe (London, Perth, Bangkok, Turks & Caicos, Maldives, Bali), the Miami outpost highlights a charming pool manned by attentive, but not overbearing staff; a stunning rooftop hydrotherapy pool (brilliant at sunset) and it’s a stone’s throw from a postcard-perfect part of a glamorous Miami Beach. Vamos!
• Como Metropolitan Miami Beach, 2445 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, Florida. Visit Comohotels.com/MetropolitanMiamiBeach
- Where To Eat & Drink In Singapore, From Hawker Fare To Fine-Dining
- Where To Find The Top 50 Bars In The World
- An Unforgettable Stay At Fiji's Luxurious Paradise Cove Resort
- Annabel Langbein Travels To Provence, France
- Sydney's Paramount House Reopens As A Boutique Hotel
- The Best Places For A Rooftop Drink In Hong Kong