Dolce & Gabbana's New Kitchen Appliances
Italian fashion brand Dolce & Gabbana has unveiled stylish new small appliances
You know what you need? A Dolce & Gabbana toaster. Or kettle. Or how about a D&G espresso machine?
The Milan-based brand, known for its unapologetic celebration of Italian culture through its designs, fashion shows and campaigns, has unveiled a collection of colourful Sicily-themed small appliances.
Made up of toasters, kettles, blenders, stand mixers and coffee machines, the collection - titled 'Sicily is my love' - features items decorated with hand-painted images referencing Sicilian folklore. Think lemons and prickly pears, ornamental friezes and the Trinacria, seen on the Sicilian flag.
Described as "functional works of art", the collection was recently shown at Salone del Mobile in Milan and is the result of Dolce & Gabbana's partnership with Smeg, another Italian design icon.
Set to be available from October, according to Vogue, the appliances may be available in New Zealand next year.
Last year in April the Italian fashion brand designed a limited edition hand-painted refrigerator for Smeg, priced at about NZ$48500.
- Take To The High Seas In These Nautical-Inspired Outfits
- Ricotta Devilled Eggs Recipe
- Viva Highlights: Our Favourite Looks From Milan Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2021
- Sails Force: Benedikt Horber Is Making The America's Cup An Exciting Spectacle
- Greek Kumara & Lamb Sausage Rolls Recipe
- Craving A Restaurant Fix? These Beloved Auckland Eateries Are Doing Takeaway Specials