2. VENICE BEACH | Laid-back California style at its best, take in the brilliant West Coast sunset and watch the world go by at the increasingly hip Venice Beach — a walk along its famous boardwalk highly recommended. Picture / Babiche Martens
3. HAWAII | Slow down and ease into the Hawaiian way of life, whether you’re sunning yourself on the beach or doing something more active like whale watching — the holiday activity of choice for Taylor Swift and the girls from the band Haim when they visited earlier this year. Picture / Babiche Martens
4. PALM SPRINGS | The fashion pack descended on Palm Springs last month for Louis Vuitton’s show held at Bob Hope’s former house, overlooking the sprawling valley. The appeal of this Californian oasis is in its retro charm and stunning Modernist architecture, including the famous Edris house pictured. Picture / Babiche Martens
5. NEW YORK CITY | There aren’t many palm trees on Manhattan, but the world-class food, limitless shopping and must-see theatre shows put it high on any holiday destination wish list. Plus, you can always make the short trip to the Hamptons if you’re in need of sand. Picture / Babiche Martens
1. FRENCH RIVIERA | Dior hosted its recent Resort 2016 show at Pierre Cardin’s bubble home on the Cote d'Azur, close to the glamorous Cannes. A fashionable holiday spot, this is one destination that will never go out of style. Picture / Getty
6. COPENHAGEN | If you love good design, the coastal city of Copenhagen embodies the Scandinavian aesthetic from every angle. As the birthplace of PANDORA, home of fashion designer Day Birger et Mikkelsen and homeware giant Bang and Olufsen, this destination won’t be easy on the credit card.