Cool Pins to Buy
Add these ironic and adorable badges to your collection
The internet’s pin obsession shows no sign of abating, with badges piled high on jackets, bags, shoes and collars.
Badges and patches have been worn by many groups and subcultures over the years – from secret societies to protest movements and punks - to show allegiance to a club, share a political stance or make a style statement.
Now, independent artists are creating quirky pins as an affordable outlet for their artwork. Publicised primarily through Instagram, the hashtag #pinstagram is encouraging collectors to go a little crazy.
As Kate Messinger writes on The Creators Project: “We may not be hoarding Pokemon cards or spending lunch money on cardboard circles any more, but via the digital playground of Instagram, a new collectable trend is becoming a cultural obsession.” And no, she isn’t talking about Pokemon Go.
Recently, big brands have tried to get in on the action, with Zara being accused of copying a number of artists’ designs. So support the independents, and buy a badge or 20 of your own.
- The Coolest Looks Of The Week, From Cynthia Erivo, Michael B. Jordan & More
- When Did Chaos Become The New Cool?
- How To Make A Chicken Tikka Masala That's As Comforting As They Come
- At Ben Bayly's New Bistro Origine, French Is Best
- 16 Lightweight Jackets To See You Through Spring
- 5 Great Local Pinot Noir Wines, From Spicy To Smooth