How to Wear Shirts and Sweaters
Clever styling tricks for wearing shirts and sweaters, the perfect trans-seasonal outfit
As spring deliveries begin to trickle into stores, it’s an opportunity to plan ahead. What better way to think about trans-seasonal dressing than with the perfect combination of shirts and sweaters? A dramatic pussy-bow blouse with a leopard print sweater works as well with a tailored dress pant as it does with the ubiquitous leather skirt. Alternatively, go preppy with a cable knit sweater and crisp shirt, ideal for the office or team with blue denim for a casual take on dressed-up weekend wear – the perfect antidote to a sea of stretchy athleisure. The sweater and shirt combination also lends itself to playing with layers and accessories. A few clever styling tips:
1. Try the half tuck secured by a statement belt for a cool styling trick.
2. Add a vintage cameo brooch for a point of interest.
3. A gold chain pendant worn with a pussy-bow blouse is a glamourous nod to the 70s.
4. A collegiate tie with a cable knit sweater nods to preppy style, even better with a contrasting pair of denim jeans or a denim skirt.
5. Oversized knits work well with equally languid pyjama style shirts.
Photographer / Guy Coombes. Stylist / Danielle Clausen. Writer / Dan Ahwa.
Every Look From Prada's Spring/Summer 2021 Collection
Raf Simons and Miuccia Prada's debute collaboration for Prada spring/summer 2021
17 Joyful Items To Help Inspire Positivity
Fifteen happy items to boos your mood during unprecedented times.
13 Wide Leg Trousers For Every Occasion
From cosy to dressy these trousers have you covered for any occasion.
Runway Highlights: Gucci Autumn/Winter 2020 At Milan Fashion Week
Gucci's highly anticipated fall-winter 2020 show in Milan, Italy.
The Coolest Looks From The Brit Awards Red Carpet 2020
The coolest looks from the Brit Awards red carpet 2020 featuring Harry Styles, Jorja Smith, Neneh...