How to Wear Shirts and Sweaters
Clever styling tricks for wearing shirts and sweaters, the perfect trans-seasonal outfit
As spring deliveries begin to trickle into stores, it’s an opportunity to plan ahead. What better way to think about trans-seasonal dressing than with the perfect combination of shirts and sweaters? A dramatic pussy-bow blouse with a leopard print sweater works as well with a tailored dress pant as it does with the ubiquitous leather skirt. Alternatively, go preppy with a cable knit sweater and crisp shirt, ideal for the office or team with blue denim for a casual take on dressed-up weekend wear – the perfect antidote to a sea of stretchy athleisure. The sweater and shirt combination also lends itself to playing with layers and accessories. A few clever styling tips:
1. Try the half tuck secured by a statement belt for a cool styling trick.
2. Add a vintage cameo brooch for a point of interest.
3. A gold chain pendant worn with a pussy-bow blouse is a glamourous nod to the 70s.
4. A collegiate tie with a cable knit sweater nods to preppy style, even better with a contrasting pair of denim jeans or a denim skirt.
5. Oversized knits work well with equally languid pyjama style shirts.
Photographer / Guy Coombes. Stylist / Danielle Clausen. Writer / Dan Ahwa.
Viva Highlights: Our Favourite Looks From London Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2021
Our Favourite looks from London Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2021.
The Latest Looks From Copenhagen Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2021
Backstage looks from Copenhagen Fashion Week autumn/winter 2021.
Every Look From Prada Menswear Autumn/Winter 2021 (And Everything We Loved The Most)
The second collection from Miuccia Prada and Raf Simons and their first menswear range together, ...
Snazzy Eyewear To Give You Cover This Summer
One fail-safe way to look positively pulled together is with the swift addition of a pair of sung...
Coastal Vibes: Summer Fashion That Inspires A Seaside Getaway
Heading to coastal locales over the holidays? The textures, hues and motifs of the natural world ...