Vogel's Gluten Free Health Bites with Xander Cameron
Head Chef Xander Cameron from Little Bird shares with Viva wellbeing editor Rebecca Wadey how to make his favourite eggplant medley
• 1kg eggplant
• ¼ cup of tahini
• 2 Tsp ghost chilies deseeded (or any other hot chilies)
• 1 Tsp toasted cumin seeds
• 2 cloves microplaned garlic
• Handful of coriander leaves
• ¼ cup olive oil
• ¼ cup spring onion
• 2 ears of sweetcorn
• Lemon juice
• Salt to taste
1. Cut the eggplant into about 1½ cm strips. Drizzle the eggplant with olive oil and salt heavily. Wait for about an hour for some of the water to extract and then flash both sides on a hot grill until deep marks show.
2. Dice the eggplant into small cubes and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the tahini, olive oil, garlic, cumin seeds, chilies, coriander leaves, spring onion, salt and a good amount of lemon juice until it tastes well-seasoned.
3. Mix everything in the bowl with a large spoon until slightly mashed, but still with a chunky texture.
4. Brush the corn with olive oil, season with salt and pepper then flash grill until slightly brown. Cut the corn kernels off the cob and set aside.
5. Finally, assemble the dish by spreading the eggplant puree over your Vogels Gluten Free hamburger bun, adding sweetcorn on top for garnish, along with more coriander leaves and a drizzle of olive oil. Delicious!Share this article:
- Classical Studies: Clothes To Softly Tie, Wrap & Cascade Across Your Body
- The Dreamy Drop Earrings To Add To Your Jewellery Box Now
- The Year Of Focaccia: Our Fantasy Flatbread Renaissance Is Here
- Over The Moon: What Hera Lindsay Bird Does In The Dark
- Sweet Potato & Cinnamon Biscuits
- 15 Looks From London Fashion Week That Brought The Drama