Brand To Know: Local Menswear Label Inward Goods
Made with aroha in New Zealand, Inward Goods is one to watch
Not everyone in the rag trade is out to make a quick buck from fast fashion.
New label Inward Goods prides itself on supporting the New Zealand manufacturing industry by producing its menswear on local soil.
Its workwear, sportswear and "militaria" are inspired by local history and tradition and produced in-house, including designing, pattern-making and machining processes.
"We currently produce all of our garments in a made-to-order fashion, a process that takes a great deal of time and patience," says designer Blair Hetet.
The name itself highlights the desire to create clothes designed to stand the test of time. "Authentic in our process from concept to cloth — we design timeless, pragmatic clothing for leisure and work. Central to our brand, we believe that by looking inward and within, one finds true authenticity," says Blair.
"Our garments are cut and sewn in our studio one at a time, taking many hours to finish."
Blair hopes to grow the business sustainably by slowly shifting production into local factories and supporting the arterial industries of the garment trade.
"The future of Inward Goods lays in slowly shifting production into local factories, whilst the in-house focus will pivot to designing new samples and sustainably growing the business."
- 14 Fun & Carefree Summer Mini Skirts
- Style Liaisons With Activist Shaneel Lal
- Where You Can Buy Viva Magazine - Volume Six
- Dressing Out Loud: How Fashion Found Its Flair For The Outrageous
- Learn How To Care For Your Vintage Garments With These Tips From An Expert
- Zara Parmenter's Fashion Label Billie Zinzan Is A Celebration Of Slow & Joyful Clothes